PSP Experiential Marketing College Annual Scholarship
Contest – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT. In order to enter the PSP Experiential Marketing Media College Annual Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”), you must agree to these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that your Entry (as defined below) in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to students who are at least eighteen years old, and meet the following requirements at the time of entry:
Must be 18 years or older
Student must be enrolled in any accredited institution for Spring 2019 (any major)
Must be an undergraduate or graduate student
Officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents of PSP Media Inc (“Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Contest Entities”), and each of their respective immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and household members are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will recur on an Annual basis. Each Contest will begin and end at the times and on the dates set forth below (the “Contest Period”):
(i) Beginning Time: 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard time on March 1, 2018.
(ii) End Time: 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard time on January 31, 2019.
4. METHOD OF ENTRY. To enter, complete the following steps during the applicable Contest Period:
Fill out the form and answer the essay question in 500 words from the prompt listed on https://www.pspmediainc.com/scholarship
5. NUMBER OF ENTRIES ALLOWED; ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Limit one entry per person per Contest Period. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means, and Entries in excess of the Entry limit for a Contest Period, will be disqualified. All Entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Receipt of Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter the Contest will be ineligible. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. All Entries must be in English. Your Entry must further comply with all of the following requirements:
Your Entry must not violate any right of a third party including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, confidentiality, publicity, privacy, and any other intellectual property right.
Your Entry must be your original work of authorship, sole property, unpublished, and not previously submitted in any other contest, sweepstakes or promotion.
Your Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than yourself.
Your Entry must not include any content or material that depicts or incorporates unsafe behavior or situations, obscenity, defamation, disparagement of any product, person, or organization, or any other inappropriate or objectionable content or material, as determined in the sole discretion by the judges and/or Sponsor.
6. DISQUALIFICATION. The judges and/or Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify at any time any Entry that they determine in their sole discretion does not comply with these Rules.
7. PRIZE; ODDS OF WINNING. One prize will be awarded per each Contest Period. The prize for each Contest Period shall consist of a check in the amount of one thousand dollars (U.S. $1,000.00) (the “Prize”). The Prize will be paid directly to the school as a tuition payment on your behalf by the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Any costs related to participating in the Contest and claiming or using a Prize, are the responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the applicable Contest Period.
8. WINNER SELECTION & JUDGING. All Entries will be reviewed by the Sponsor’s judges. Judges will determine the winner based on the following objective judging categories for reviewing of the Entries:
Category 1: Thoughtfulness of response – fifty percent (50%)
Category 2: Quality of composition – forty percent (40%)
Category 3: Grammatical accuracy – ten percent (10%)
The potential contest winner will be selected by the judges on or about: February 28, 2019
All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The potential winner will be notified by email within a reasonable period following the determination of a winner at the email address used to submit the Entry. Sponsor will make two attempts to contact the potential winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, the corresponding Entry will be deemed ineligible to win a Prize and the next highest scoring Entry may be chosen. Sponsor will have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the potential winner for any reason. In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, the Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the essay was sent. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof of identity associated with the submitted Entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible to win a Prize. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the entrant who scored the highest in Category 1, but should that factor not resolve the tie, then the winner will be the entrant who scored the highest in Category 2.
10. WAIVER OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; INDEMNIFICATION. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, INCLUDING SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR, ITS PARENT CORPORATION AND/OR SUBSIDIARIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT MAY OCCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR FROM THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, AND TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER LAW, FULLY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES. ENTRANT(S) AND WINNER(S) ASSUME ALL DAMAGES FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OF A PRIZE, WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASED PARTIES ARISING THEREFROM, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AND THE RELEASE PARTIES AT ALL TIME FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES) RESULTING FROM ANY ACT, DEFAULT, OR OMISSION OF THE ENTRANT AND/OR A BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISDIRECTED, LOST, LATE, INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE ENTRIES, AND SUCH ENTRIES WILL BE VOID. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (A) ANY COMPUTER, TELEPHONE, CABLE, NETWORK, SATELLITE, ELECTRONIC OR INTERNET HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY, (B) GARBLED OR JUMBLED TRANSMISSIONS, (C) SERVICE PROVIDER/INTERNET/WEB SITE/USE NET ACCESSIBILITY OR AVAILABILITY, TRAFFIC CONGESTION, (D) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION OR (E) THE INCORRECT OR INACCURATE CAPTURE OF ENTRY INFORMATION OR THE FAILURE TO CAPTURE ANY SUCH INFORMATION.
11. PRIVACY: Entrants agree that personal data submitted with an Entry, including name, email address, and phone number may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by Sponsor, and its affiliates for the purposes of conducting and administering the Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees to the transmission, processing, disclosing and storage of this personal data by Sponsor and its affiliates.
12. CONSENT TO USE OF NAME AND EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name, biographical information, city and state of residence and entry materials for advertising, promotional, editorial, and publicity purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter created, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. You further agree that Sponsor can identify you, your educational institution, and the institution you used the scholarship for, and waive any educational privacy rights you may have in such information.
13. GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION; VENUE: The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The laws of the State of New York govern the Contest without reference to choice of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Contest is exclusively subject to binding arbitration (with one (1) arbitrator sitting) in New York, New York pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Entrants hereby irrevocably waive any and all right to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to the Contest. Entrants further waive any objection to venue in New York, New York , whether such objection is based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, forum non conveniens, or the like.
14. GENERAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entries that do not comply with the Rules, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time. If the Contest is terminated prior to the published end date of the applicable Contest Period, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize based on the eligible entries received before the date of termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if any invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
15. FTC DISCLOSURE RULES: Each winner is required to comply with the FTC’s rules governing online endorsements or any similar rules when posting online reviews or comments regarding the Sponsor or its services.